Monday, January 21, 2013

Change of Schedule


Henry’s Stories has been on-line and regularly updated for almost two years now, with a mix of new and old stories -- some short and others novel length.  This was an experiment to see if there was a class of reader I could reach who was not buying books or ebooks, and who had trouble reading more than web-page, bite-sized chunks at a time.  I certainly know many people who never read books, and yet spend hours on the web every day.  However, by my statistics, I failed to reach that wider audience.
 Just re-cycling my backlog of stories could keep it going for another few years, but keeping the queue filled isn’t enough.  My theory of tapping into an unreached pool of web-only readers has proved incorrect, and those people are the ones who would most appreciate a regular-as-clockwork approach to new fiction.
I still want to keep the archive up and intact.  Most of my traffic comes from people who re-discover the old stories anyway.  I also still need a place to show off new fiction and a place to archive re-prints that won’t be available on any other venue.
So, as of today, I’m changing how Henry’s Stories will be updated.  If you really miss my MWF updates, ask for more stories.  If I get enough comments, I’ll go dig up an old story or maybe write something new for you.  If I have some new project that needs more attention, I’ll also post those stories.  Otherwise, there will be idle days in between, with some news posts on occasion.  Henry’s Stories will still be here and alive, but it will be erratic.  RSS is your friend, so you’ll be notified by any updates.
Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, Mr. Melton.

I don't know if you still keep track of this, but I've read through some of your works and I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your writing.

I'm an aspiring writer, and a reader, and I feel lucky that I happened upon works like yours.

I admire your science-fiction and your story-telling as a whole.

I know I'm not enough to justify more constant updates, but I just wanted to let you know that you have a new fan.

Thank you very much, Mr. Melton, and I hope that you keep well.

Post a Comment